Job Title: Development Programme Manager
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Location: Sevenoaks TN13 (hybrid working)
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £57,868 per annum
Other Information: Full driving license and access to own transport or ability to travel efficiently to meetings.
Purpose of Job: As a Development Programme Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the compliance of the procurement of new projects within the development programme. Your primary responsibilities include ensuring quality, viability, and adherence to budget targets. You will lead engagement with grant funding bodies, manage reporting and compliance assurance, and contribute to risk management across the directorate. This role reports to the Director of Property Development and Partnerships, overseeing a team of 2 direct reports.
- Ensure schemes are contracted in accordance with scheme and organizational requirements, implementing effective contract safeguards for cost, time, and quality.
- Conduct thorough due diligence and resolve outstanding matters and risks before entering into contracts.
- Provide real-time programme management reporting, including overall programme performance and variations from approved scheme costs or income expectations.
- Lead the operation of the financial appraisal system and project management database for new scheme appraisals.
- Monitor scheme and programme financial viability, reviewing and obtaining revised approvals when necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date risk registers for schemes, highlighting key risks at regular Risk Assessment meetings.
- Review and update key development documentation, including procedures, design briefs, employer's requirements, and specifications.
- Collaborate with the Head of Development to ensure teams receive support and guidance on health and safety, gas safety, and fire risks.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external procurement rules, financial, legal, and regulatory frameworks.
- Act as the development interface with Finance, supporting cashflow, financial monitoring, and long-term business planning.
- Lead engagement, negotiation, and reporting with grant funding bodies, particularly Homes England.
- Stay informed about best practices and funding opportunities, ensuring colleagues are briefed accordingly.
- Lead on ESG compliance and best practice from a development perspective.
- Collaborate strategically across the organization to ensure homes are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
- Corporate and strategic leadership experience with a positive performance culture.
- Experience with European and UK government-funded programs, e.g., Homes England, LEPs, ESIF, Help to Buy.
- Familiarity with political sensitivities, legislative, regulatory, and policy context for residential property development.
- Financial viability systems experience (Pamwin, Sequel, or ProVal).
- Experience in viability appraisals, contract negotiation, risk management, and project delivery.
- Skills in construction and operation of spreadsheets and databases for the development program.
- Ability to present complex information clearly and succinctly.
- Full driving license and access to own transport or efficient ability to travel.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Ryan at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org