Are you currently in control of Emergency Planning, and able to manage a civil contingencies team?
Comfortable working within the public sector or in local government?
Knowledgeable of the operating emergency planning market with the ability to demonstrate skills of being a leader in this role?
If it is then look no further
Out client within the Public Sector based in North London is currently recruiting for Emergency Planning & Resilience Manager join their Civil Contingencies team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority
Key purpose of the role is to innovate, develop and lead borough wide emergency planning and resilient strategies.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Lead on the development of risk assessments for local & sub-regional risks, including plan writing & training.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of developments within the Council, in London & UK wide, supply information & advice to colleagues, senior managers & members proactively
- Co-ordinate the councils Emergency Planning & Resilience response to addressing civil contingency matters as/when required.
To be considered for this role you will require Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) it is also desirable to have a degree level qualification or equivalent in a Civil Contingencies or a related area or experience of working in local government and within a related industry
The below skills and experience would be beneficial for the role:
- Leading and managing Emergency Planning, Response and Business Continuity
- Understands the principles and practice of managing people, with a track record in people management in a civil contingencies context.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of procedures and emergency response / recovery plans / reports.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £36 Per Hour Umbrella Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to Vincent.email@example.com or call Vinny at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.