Employment Specialist (Individual Placement Support)
Shropshire Council are now recruiting people to work in Herefordshire as an Employment Specialist. The role will deliver supported employment to people in community treatment for substance use, who may be affected by other health conditions or disabilities, using the Individual Placement and Support approach (IPS). The aim is to help people into paid work in a way that respects their preferences and choices.
- Talking to employers and helping people into work
- Working with people with substance use support needs, or a similar client group within health, social services or the voluntary sector
- Building relationships with clients and employers
- Negotiating with employers to secure job placements for clients
- Building rapport with people and understanding issues for people affected by substance misuse or similar conditions
- Working in a target driven environment
- Experience of talking to employers and helping people into work
- Must be a car driver
- Enhanced DBS
- Experience or understanding of working with people with substance use support needs, or a similar client group within health, social services or the voluntary sector
- Great communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- Negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Proven ability to build rapport with people and especially understanding issues for people affected by substance misuse or similar conditions
- Boundless enthusiasm, excellent teamwork and the ability to work in a target driven environment
- A career where you can make a positive difference to the lives of people needing substance use support
- Create a fairer, more inclusive society in a role where no two days are the same
If you're looking for a career where you can make a positive difference to the lives of people needing substance use support and create a fairer, more inclusive society in a role where no two days are the same, apply today for the Employment Specialist role!
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - email@example.com
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.