Lancashire County Council have 4 Full time Family Support Worker posts in South Ribble
- Children and Family Wellbeing Service (CFW) is part of Lancashire County Council's Education and Children's Services.
- It offers early help and support to children, young people aged 0-19yrs+ (25yrs for young people with special educational needs and disabilities) and their families across Lancashire.
- The service is committed to minimising the impact of any disadvantage for Lancashire children by working with them, their families and communities as early as possible.
- The service responds as early as possible when a child, young person, or family needs support and this helps to prevent concerns escalating.
- Family Support workers meet with individuals or families on a one-to-one basis, and sometimes they bring children, young people, and families together in groups. We focus on strengths and protective factors and build a positive relationship with children and family members where their voice is heard, and they feel listened to.
- As a Family Support Worker, you will undertake appropriate assessment of the needs of Children Young People and their families. Within this you will be expected to deliver identified interventions with Children Young People and their families, as part of an agreed action plan to achieve positive outcomes.
- You will carry a caseload of children and young people in families with unmet needs. Some of this work will be complex and challenging in nature and will consist of enduring needs. This case work is up to the thresholds for statutory services, with more focus on intensive support (Level 3).
- As a Family Support Worker, you will be required to record your case notes appropriately within the agreed Case Management IT system and in line with the Service's Professional Recording Standards.
What is required?
- Professional and/or academic level 2 or above qualification or equivalent or substantial experience in a relevant technical, specialised, or operational field.
- Experience of working with children and adults individually or in groups and in a variety of settings which demonstrate the ability to quickly engage them, establish rapport and maintain positive relationships.
- The ability to treat service user concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, while being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the boundaries that govern the service user/worker relationship.
- Ability to summarise and record transactions in an accurate and descriptive manner.
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.