Family Support Worker
A Family Support Worker is required to work with Warrington Council to support children and families to have supervised family time. The Family Support Worker will observe, monitor and factually record the Family Time sessions of the children/young people, with their parent/carer - ensuring that the children and families feel supported to enjoy quality time together.
- Assigned to a family and remain with them for the duration of their session, recording the interactions, providing advice if requested and only intervening if necessary to ensure a child/young person's safety.
- Follow safeguarding protocols to ensure the situation is swiftly responded to, to ensure the safety of children and young people.
- Ensure any safeguarding concerns are immediately reported to a senior colleague as per protocol.
- Provide advice and guidance to parents/carers to support their care and interactions with the children/young people during the session.
- Ensure the rooms are clean and suitable for each individual family to use.
- Review information about the families' circumstances to ensure they are aware of the needs, risks, level of supervision and support they need to provide.
- Contribute to the development of the service by listening to family's feedback, sharing information within team meetings and participate in training.
- Plan own diary and work independently.
- Transport children to and from some family time sessions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a full licence car user and have business insurance.
- Qualification Level 3 in Child Care or equivalent.
- Demonstrable knowledge, skills and experience of direct family support work (1-2 years on-the-job skills and knowledge development) and the statutory responsibility of the Local Authority to ensure Children's needs are met.
- Full clear Enhanced DBS.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.email@example.com
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.