Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Family Support Worker to join a committed and supportive team for Walsall Council. This will be a three month contract with the possibility of this being extended. This is a fantastic opportunity to help change the lives of children and young people.
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Duties of the role
- Working with children and young people in care, in need, and at risk of harm to promote positive family behaviours.
- Supervising family time between young people and their family members
- Carrying out assessments
- Assisting a small number of children in need alongside a social worker to progress their plans and provide specified interventions.
A bit about you
- Experience of creative and innovative approaches to engage vulnerable and hard to reach young people, children and their families
- Full UK Driving Licence, with business insurance and access to your own vehicle
- A Level 3 or equivalent and / or vocational qualifications (e.g. children and young people or communities OR Extensive experience working with children and families this could include: Training in evidence based programmes including Parenting, Mediation, Family Group Conferencing, Restorative practice, NVR and trauma informed practice
- Ability to devise and implement individual plans with young people and families based upon effective assessments.
- Evidence of direct work with children and young people
- Ability to work with a range of people in a sympathetic and supportive way, safeguarding, protect and promote the safety and welfare of children
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including:
- A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated recruitment team
- Excellent rates of pay
- Payroll service twice a week
If you are interested or know of anyone who may be, please contact Kat at Service Care Solutions on 01772208964 or email me at email@example.com.
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!