Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Family Support Worker (Unqualified) in Merton
Overall Purpose of Job:
To implement the Merton Short Breaks services for disabled children and their parents and carers. Outcomes from this job will be:
- Ensuring that the short breaks need of severely disabled children and children with complex needs are met by local services.
- Support the Short Breaks Team Leader to ensure the involvement of disabled children and parents in service planning, commissioning and delivery is embedded in local practice.
- This post will contribute to the delivery of the Short Breaks programme in Merton. The post holder will ensure that all referrals for short breaks are processed through the Allocations Meeting and support the referral, introduction, and review of children into relevant short breaks. The post-holder will hold a caseload of children and act as Lead Professional where relevant.
- To work in partnership with children, young people and their families, team members and partner agencies to ensure positive outcomes are afforded to all young people.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Short Breaks Programme is implemented in response to the identified needs of children with disability in Merton.
- To identify the support needs of individual disabled children and young people to enable them to access short breaks across the programme.
- To present findings to the allocation's meetings via the Short Breaks Team Leader for budget approval.
- To support parents and carers of disabled children to identify appropriate schemes and activities to meet the identified short break need for the children.
- To support the introduction of the children to their allocated schemes.
Weekly Hours - 35
Assignment Duration - Initially 3 months.
Weekly Hours: 09:00-17.00
For this position you must also have:
- NVQ 2 Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or BTEC or equivalent or social care qualification (relevant to work with children and families)
- Relevant Assessor experience
Working with Service Care Solutions offers many benefits including:
- A specialist consultant within an experienced Social Work recruitment team
- Consistently excellent rates of pay
- An extensive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Payroll service twice a week
- Personal on-going training budgets
- Registrations and DBS paid for by us
If you are interested in applying for this role or if you would like information about any roles in your area please call Matthew at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Matthew.Nicholson@servicecare.org.uk.
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know anyone who would be perfect for this role, and they are placed into work you receive £250 once their probationary period has been completed.