Early Help Officer - MASH
Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting an Early Help officer for Oldham Council's MASH Team.
MASH Targeted Early Help Officer
Working as part of the Children's Services Team in the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), to support the process of triaging contacts to enable children and families to be referred to the early help support appropriate to their assessed needs.
- To support the process for triaging contacts to the Children's Services front door by:
a. Gathering information from family members and professionals about the reason for the contact, and the support needs of the child(ren) and family the contact refers to.
b. Identifying services currently providing support to children and families
c. Researching the previous support history of children and families through interrogating data on relevant databases
d. Analysing this information in order to make a clear assessment of the support needs of children and families
e. Promptly escalating any indication of safeguarding concerns to children's social care
f. Making decisions about the appropriate support offer to meet these needs for children and families
g. Attending and supporting meetings and panels to consider the support needs of children and families
h. Preparing concise and accurate records of these processes in the case management system, including recording updates on activity and outcomes
i. Updating referrers with the outcome of the process
j. Liaising with Early Help teams to agree case allocations, and ensure that case workers have the necessary information to commence their work
k. Undertaking all activities within agreed timescales to meet service standards
- To contribute to performance management, service improvement and system development activities.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with professionals in a wide range of services delivering services and support to children and families.
- To maintain the security of sensitive personal data, ensuring compliance with data sharing and information governance requirements.
- To participate in group and individual supervision in relation to casework and attend and contribute to team meetings as part of a commitment to team working and practice development.
- To support the delivery of the work of the team as a whole, contributing to the development of less experienced colleagues.
- To develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of the services and resources available locally to meet the needs of children and families, and how to access these.
If you are interested and have the skills and experience required I would love to hear from you.
APPLY NOW - Send your CV to Kyle… email@example.com
*Service Care Solutions also offer a referral fee of £250 for anyone you may know. Once they are placed and complete their probationary period, you receive a £250 bonus! *
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.