A Family Time Worker is required to support children and families to have supervised family time. They will observe, monitor and factually record the Family Time sessions of the children/young people, with their parent/carer - ensuring that the children and families feel supported to enjoy quality time together.
- The Family Time Worker (FTW) will be assigned to a family and remain with them for the duration of their session.
- record the interactions, provide advice if requested and only intervene if necessary to ensure a child/young person's safety. They will observe, monitor and factually record the Family Time sessions of the children/young people, with their parent/carer - ensuring that the children and families feel supported to enjoy quality time together.
- Should any worries arise during a session the FTW will follow safeguarding protocols to ensure the situation is swiftly responded to, to ensure the safety of children and young people. Further assistance can be called upon from Senior FTW's and on-site managers.
- The FTW will ensure any safeguarding concerns are immediately reported to a senior colleague as per protocol. The FTW will liaise with other professionals as it may be necessary to enable decisions to be made to ensure the child/young person's safety moving forward.
- If necessary, the FTW will provide advice and guidance to parents/carers to support their care and interactions with the children/young people during the session.
- Prior to sessions taking place, FTW's will need to review information about the families' circumstances to ensure they are aware of the needs, risks, level of supervision and support they need to provide.
- Contribute to the development of the service by listening to family's feedback, sharing information within team meetings and participate in training.
- Be able to plan own diary and work independently.
- To be able to transport children to and from some family time sessions.
What is required?
- Must be a full licence car user and have business insurance.
- Qualification Level 3 in Child Care or equivalent.
- Demonstrable knowledge, skills and experience of direct family support work (1- 2 years on-the-job skills and knowledge development) and the statutory responsibility of the Local Authority to ensure Children's needs are met.
- Full clear advanced DBS.
If you are interested in being a familt time worker, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.