Job title - Finance Officer
Location - County Durham, SR7
Contract - Fixed Term - Till the end of September 2022
Hours - Full time 37 hours per week
Start Date - ASAP
Salary - £32,070
The Role Summary
A new opportunity has open for a finance officer at a local housing association to become a new effective member of the Financial Management team responsible for the delivery of an effective, flexible and customer focused service across the business
Your key duties within the role will include:
- To prepare allocated accounts across the business for reporting to budget managers, managing directors and Executive Management Team
- To monitor allocated budgets through the management accounts and support budget holders and budget managers on understanding variances against budget which is reported through to the Board.
- To provide advice and training to designated budget managers on technical accounting matters, including the correct allocation of revenue costs and accruals the allocation of VAT, fees and capitalisation of costs for accounting purposes.
- To work in partnership with budget managers to develop monthly forecasting.
- To support the Senior Finance Officers to produce the annual budget for the business for allocated budgets which represent a multimillion pound budgets for the business.
- To support the effective operation of the computerised financial management system and the ongoing development of the Ebis module (On-line workflow management system).
- To support the Senior Finance Officers with information as required in the preparation and submission of financial returns required by the regulator.
- Monitor designated budgets ensuring that value for money is achieved in all circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure and the early identification of any financial irregularity.
- Part qualified AAT (level 3) or equivalent
- 3 years of experience setting, managing and monitoring budgets and preparing accounts information
- Experience of developing and improving financial management systems
- Experience of statistical analysis and the development and reporting of performance indicators
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to a range of different audiences, including non-financial staff
- Ability to use information technology to a high level of competence
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com