Job Title: Housing Assistant
Locations: Enfield - EN1
Contract Type: Temp ogoing
Work Pattern: 35 hours per week
Start Date: Asap
A new opportunity has become available for a Housing Assistant to be the first point of contact within a busy team, and provide excellent customer care to both our external and internal customers.
Key responsibilities -
- Understand and be responsive to the needs of customers, offering straightforward technical housing assessment advice and guidance both written and verbal, and always present a positive and professional image to customers, ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times
- Maintain clear and up to date records of customer contact and work undertaken across the shared resource and proactively establish areas of specialism within the Homeless Prevention service area.
- Work closely with HAS service managers and colleagues to ensure an integrated strategic approach to operation of the service.
- Provide an accessible customer focused service and effectively engage with vulnerable/challenging customers and situations.
- Maintain a good knowledge of policies, procedures, and statutory legislation and to regularly update that knowledge in order to give correct service information and housing homeless advice.
- Work as a team to encourage customers to use the council website as a knowledge base and customer portal for homeless and housing register enquiries.
- Ability to provide quality assessments
- A good knowledge of ICT applications (e.g. Word including mail merge, Excel, etc.)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in delivering excellent customer care
- Ability to deal with customers' complaints and resolve problems
- Good problem solving skills, including the ability to use your initiative and exercise good judgment
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to Lewis.Hodson@servicecare.org.uk