Housing First Worker
35 Hours P/W
6 month contract
One of the UK's largest housing providers is recruiting for a Housing First Worker to provide high level to residents who are either homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping them sustain or achieve a tenancy in the Carmathenshire area.
The focus of this Housing First Worker role is to deliver Housing Support using the principles of Housing First. to people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness and who have multiple, co-occurring needs requiring a high level of support to obtain and maintain a home and lead a stable, independent life. To motivate and support people to stabilise behaviour, make positive changes in their lives; to address underlying causes of their difficulties and to engage in meaningful activities such as training, volunteering and ultimately developing confidence and skills required to live independently and successfully in a permanent tenancy.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain regular contact with service users in accordance with the requirements of the service and no less than the requirements of the minimum contact procedure.
- Develop practical life skill sessions or programmes with service users as required.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-agency setting as required. This includes maintaining professional relationships and appropriate confidentiality of information.
- Engage with actual and potential referral agencies including local authority central access point/gateway services, statutory and voluntary sector agencies in order to generate referrals for the service as required.
- Plan and deliver an effective support and safety plan with the service user referring to specialist agencies as required. The progressions/outcomes identified, delivered and service user contact should be recorded, monitored, reviewed, and updated regularly and in line with contract requirements.
- Empower and motivate service users to Identify and achieve desired outcomes. Actively engage with service users in decisions that affect them.
- Develop a move-on plan with service users at the earliest opportunity, identifying realistic options for independent or more appropriate housing.
To be considered for this Housing First Worker role, you will require at least two years previous experience working with service users who are either homeless or at risk of homelessness, as well as the following knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of housing benefits
- Experience working with third-party agencies
- Driving License & Access to Vehicle for Work
As the role is working with vulnerable individuals, you will also require an Enhanced DBS check.
This is a full time Housing First Worker role, working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The contract is for an initial 6 months, but has an excellent chance of being extended beyond this, or even potentially becoming permanent.
How to Apply
To apply for this Housing First Worker role, please email a copy of your CV to lee . mcmillan @ servicecare . org. uk or call on 01772 208 966 to discuss the role in more detail!
If the role is more suited to someone you know, we offer a £250 referral bonus for every successfully referred candidate!