Housing Support Worker
Rota system between 8 am-10 pm on weekdays (35 hours per week)
You will manage a caseload of clients in properties within your allocated patch in Liverpool. The role includes lone working, property inspections, and reporting repairs promptly to ensure quality homes for clients. Flexibility is essential, as you may need to cover other local patches.
Main Duties and Location:
- Flexible working in the community, with the ability to work from home in between property visits.
- Manage a caseload between 10-12 residents.
- Undertake lone working with regular team and manager meetings.
- Travel required for training and team meetings.
- Co-develop and deliver person-centred support and safety plans with clients, complementing plans from other involved agencies.
- Capture and evidence service user progress, recording regular contacts on their case file.
- Undertake safeguarding activities, including monitoring and reporting safeguarding concerns, and liaise with external agencies.
- Ensure a professional risk management plan is in place, regularly updated in line with any escalation of risk, and involves proactive agency involvement.
- Maximize rent collection by submitting and maintaining successful housing and welfare benefit claims, taking proactive action to minimize arrears.
- Monitor accounts, record all actions, and take appropriate action when arrears exceed tolerance levels.
- Report routine property maintenance and damage promptly to maintenance staff.
- Minimize void time by proactively ensuring properties are re-let as soon as possible.
Housing Support worker requirements
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Enhanced DBS Adults and children
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
- Full UK Driving Licence required.
This is a temporary, Housing Support worker role,35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Housing Support worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support worker role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.