One of Devon's largest Housing Associations is recruiting for a Housing Worker to provide a robust housing management service within one of their supported housing services for those at risk of homelessness, in Exmouth
This Housing Worker role is within a supported housing service in Exmouth, which provides a supported housing service for residents who are at risk of homelessness. The services have Support Workers in place to work with residents on support needs, and Housing Workers to manage the tenancy sustainment and health and safety side of the service.
In this Housing Worker role you will be required to work with other agencies and signpost clients when necessary to link in with those agencies and provide on-going support around engagement. This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Maximise rent and service charge income by ensuring that losses through arrears and voids are minimised through effective arrears recovery and void management
- Meeting with service users to assist with budgeting, for bill paying, tenancy sustainment etc
- Liaise with the Services Manager and work closely with the local authority and other partners ensuring appropriate referrals are made and that the service has a referral process and eligibility criteria in place.
- Manage the waiting list for accommodation and establish applicants' priority for accommodation according to agreed criteria
- Take a proactive approach to the prevention of anti-social behaviour (ASB) including effective partnership working
- Take effective and timely action in respect of breaches of occupancy agreements. Target support for residents who are failing to comply with their occupancy agreements
- Pre void inspection and liaison of void work/completion.
- Carrying out alarm checks at the service (lifeline and fire systems)
- Reporting repairs, ensuring they are resolved in timely fashion
To be considered for this Housing Worker role you will require previous experience working within housing management, including knowledge of voids and allocations; rent accounts and arrears management; service charges; resident involvement; knowledge of partnership working.
You will need to be able to deal with anti-social behaviour and have knowledge of a wide range of support needs, including homelessness, mental health issues, substance abuse and domestic violence.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a part-time, Housing Worker role, working 22.5 hours per week across three days, which are flexible. This is initially a 12 week contract, with a strong chance of extension or even becoming permanent.
If this Housing Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Worker role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region