Mechanically Biased Maintenance Shift Engineer
West Midlands - Industrial Manufacturing
About The Company
Established over 150 years ago, our client is one of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of fine chemicals to various industry sectors world-wide.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced, qualified Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering Team.
Mechanically Biased Maintenance Shift Engineer - Package Details
- £36,500 to 40,400 DOE
- 4 On (2Days / 2 Nights) / 4 Off Shift Pattern (12-hour shifts)
- Life Assurance & Access to Pension Scheme
Mechanically Biased Maintenance Shift Engineer - Requirements
- Educated to a minimum City & Guilds level or similar in a Mechanical Fitting / Engineering Discipline
- Ideally hold a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship
- Previous Experience / Training with MEWP's, Abrasive Wheels, and Confined Spaces Mechanically would be highly desirable
Mechanically Biased Maintenance Shift Engineer - Responsibilities
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work
- Operation of a boiler, waste solvent incineration and emissions abatement plant
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems