Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - West Midlands - Chemical Manufacturing
About The Company
Established over 150 years ago, our client is one of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of fine chemicals and accelerators. Supplying global markets across the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Speciality Chemical industry sectors they are experts in custom synthesis, contract manufacture and process optimization.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility.
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - Package Details
- £40,000 to £47,000 Salary DOE
- Days Based Role working 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance & Access to Pension Scheme
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - Requirements
- Educated to a minimum City & Guilds level in a Mechanical Fitting / Engineering Discipline
- A Minimum of 3 years Supervisory experience within an industrial mechanical maintenance environment
- Previous experience of working within the Chemical, Polymers, Petro-Chemical or other Process based manufacturing environments would be highly desirable
- Good leadership and communication skills
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - Responsibilities
- Day to day supervision of a team of approximately 11 Mechanical Maintenance Technicians, covering preventative and reactive maintenance
- Mentor and train Technicians as and when required
- Organise and manage, alongside the Mechanical Maintenance Manager, all planned and reactive maintenance, ensuring the highest level of productivity and efficiency of equipment
- Strong understanding of CMMS and standard computer software packages
- Use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information used to assist in works
- In depth understanding and experience of working with a wide variety of mechanical equipment including Gearboxes, Pumps, Mechanical Seals, Pipework etc.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems
- Ensure Health & Safety is adhered to and all paperwork is completed to correct standards and in line with company policies
For further details or to apply for this exciting opportunity contact Jason Wallis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208967