One of the largest housing associations in the East Midlands is recruiting for a Resettlement Worker for their Young Persons' service in Newark, to support service users through the housing market and in to independent living.
The focus of this Resettlement Worker is to use your awareness of housing options and available funding to enable young people to maintain their tenures and resettle back to family or appropriate accommodation in the community.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support young people to express themselves and make informed choices and decisions about their lives
- Develop a system that matches young people across the contracted provision to facilitate house shares.
- Mediate between young people and their families to facilitate moves back home.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders'
- Maintain contact with young people who have moved on at regular intervals to measure sustainability of move on
- Develop and train young people to be ready to move on in peer mentoring
- Access grants/ charitable funding for white goods/carpets etc. to assist in sustainable moves.
- Undertake a range of activities related to the young person's move e.g. arrange and facilitate pre move in meetings , inspect the prospective move-on option with the resident and landlord and liaise with the landlord where appropriate to negotiate move-in dates, repairs/decoration vouchers, deposits, advance rents, connection of utilities and furnishing prior to move-in.
- Undertake a range of activities related to the referral process
- Key work with individual service users;
- Deputise for the manager as necessary.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection, induction and evaluation of colleagues
To be considered for this Resettlement Worker role you will require previous experience of working with Young People and have excellent knowledge of welfare benefits including housing benefits, jobseeker's allowance and universal credit, as well as knowledge of housing options for single homeless people.
This is a permanent, full time Resettlement Worker, offering a salary of £22,309 - 26,566. The role is on a rota basis and shifts are across seven days, working either 08:00 - 15:30 or 14:30 - 22:00.
If this Resettlement Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Resettlement Worker role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Resettlement Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region