We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Revenues Officer to join our team in Hackney on a full-time temporary ongoing basis, with an initial contract period of 3 months. The Revenues Officer will be responsible for maximising revenue, as well as offering advice to NDR payers and their representatives. This role requires in-depth knowledge of Council Tax, and National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR).
- Previous experience working in a similar role is essential
- Knowledge of Council Tax, and NNDR
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage workload efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Experience providing an effective service to members of the public
- To maximise revenue through the assertive collection of NNDR in accordance with the Local Government and Finance Act 1992, subsequent regulations and the recovery policy
- To advise NNDR payers and their representatives on liability, exemptions and any other reductions which may be applicable.
- To update customer and property records accurately and regularly
- Negotiate payment arrangements; make decisions on the most appropriate course of action with regard to the remedies available for the recovery of NNDR from billing to post liability
- Maintain the NNDR property database accurately with respect to all amendments.
- To assist Court Officers at Magistrates' Court
- Develop relationships with key internal and external partners, in order to provide solutions such as access to properties, tenancy fraud, fire risks, and safeguarding
- Maintain Records: Accurately record all casework in line with relevant policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality and data protection guidelines are strictly followed
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Beth at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com