Band 5 RMN - £25p/h - Adult Inpatient in Headington
We are looking for a Band 5 RMN for a vacancy based in Headington. The role is a full time, long-term NHS locum contract. If you are looking for a new contract and are available for work, please do get in touch.
- Adult Inpatient Unit
- 37.5 hours per week
- Long days
- MonFri + occasional weekends
- Weekday rate £25p/h
- Saturday rate £30p/h
- Sunday/Bank hols £35p/h
The role has been described as follows:
- As a Nurse they you expected to support people with long and enduring mental health problems at points when they are so distressed that they cannot be nursed or cared for in the community.
- You will support these patients to cope and work towards their recovery. Your role is to support patients to live as independently as possible, often following illness with a focus on enabling, rather than personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service.
The following skills/duties have been specified:
- Assisting patients with bathing, washing, shaving and oral hygiene
- Medication Management including monitoring of efficacy and medication side effects.
- General patient observations and other nursing related activities
- Facilitating nursing observation for patients at risk
- Moving and handling patients safely
- Engaging and using where necessary the Physical de-escalation and restraining techniques
- Assisting with eating and drinking
- Handling personal possessions and documents
- Maintaining the orderliness, hygiene and safety of the ward/ departmental /patient environment
- Updating patient records, recording observations
- Promoting Recovery and Healthy well-being
- Escorting patients on Section 17 leave as prescribed by the Treatment team for appointments on and off the Hospital site
Benefits of working with Service Care Solutions:
- 4 payroll runs per week
- All your compliance fully paid for
- Subsidised Training - Practical, Online and PMVA
- Single point of contact
- £150 sign up bonus for new registrants
- £250 referral bonus
If you are interested in applying for this role, please respond to this email with your CV, or call James Fawcett on 01772208963.