JOB TITLE: Rough Sleeper Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (9am-5pm)
Provide advice and referrals to services which meet the customers individual needs e.g., health care, substance misuse services, housing, and benefits. The overall aim is to enable people sleeping rough to address their needs, improve health and to find appropriate solutions to end their homelessness, also to encourage people to lead a more settled way of life, by providing support and appropriate referrals to a range of services to those, at risk of rough sleeping.
- To be responsible and accountable for the effective delivery of high-quality outreach services for rough sleepers and those at risk of homelessness/sofa surfing etc.
- Undertake an assessment of needs and risk to ensure client's individual needs are identified and met.
- This role will involve working outside of normal office hours, e.g., evenings, weekends and occasional, 'night walks' with other Agencies, in line with rough sleeper counts etc.
- Develop positive working relationships with clients to facilitate the best possible outcomes and to address issues of social isolation and exclusion.
- Experience of working with people experiencing homelessness including providing advice and information, guidance, and assistance.
- Experience of working in, outreach work, working with rough sleepers, Housing Advice, Homelessness or Tenancy Sustainment role.
- Experience of positively engaging with and sustaining appropriate relationships with clients who are often unwilling to engage with services.
- Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when & how to share sensitive or risk information with customers and relevant agencies.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Mon- Fri (9am-5pm)
Possible Out of Hours work