Older People's Independent Living
South East London
One of the UKs largest housing associations is recruiting for a Scheme Manager to work across their retirement living services in South London.
This Scheme Manager vacancy is based across Independent Living services for residents aged 55+ throughout South London, including Depftford, Lewisham, Greenwich, South Bermondsey, Brockley and Eltham
The focus of this Scheme Manager role is to provide an effective housing management and support service to older residents and will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Daily welfare calls and checks on residents
- Carry out alarm checks as required
- Deliver an effective customer focused housing management and support service working with multi-agency partners
- Conduct assessments of risk and need and provide personalised support to residents.
- Understand the housing management performance targets relevant to your scheme(s) and take action to contribute to their achievement.
- Work closely with other agencies to ensure residents are able to access a full range of services and support.
- Maintain administration systems and databases, processes and accurate records and provide monthly performance reports and information for other reports
- Maintain Health and Safety requirements in accordance with Health and Safety policies and site-specific risk assessments. Undertaking checks as required.
- Actively promote and encourage resident involvement and participation, in liaison with other teams as required. Supporting residents to use online services where appropriate.
- Assist the income management team in ensuring rental and service charge income is maximised and recovered.
To be considered for this Scheme Manager role you will require the following skills and experience:
- Previous Scheme Management Experience
- Previous experience working with older people
- Strong level of IT proficiency
- Good knowledge of housing health and safety requirements
- Driving license not essential, but beneficial
Due to the nature of the service users you will be working with, you will require an Enhanced DBS for this role. If you have an existing DBS on the update service, this will be beneficial to your application.
This is a temporary, Scheme Manager role, 36 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent..
If this Scheme Manager role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Scheme Manager role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Scheme Manager role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region