A Housing Association in London are recruiting for a Scheme Manager for their Young Peoples supported housing service in Enfield, to ensure an excellent service is provided to residents and service users.
The focus of this Scheme Manager role is manage a supported housing service for young people, with a view to preparing them for moving on in to independent living.
You will work with the team to provide and monitor on-going support that is sensitive to the needs of individuals and enables clients to achieve independence and enhance their life chances, as well as ensuring a good standard of housing management, including income collection, arrears monitoring and health and safety.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide excellent team management by motivating, supervising and supporting a team of youth coaches, administrative staff and security staff.
- Monitor the recording of appropriate and accurate information on relevant databases and systems.
- Work positively and effectively with external partner agencies, local statutory and independent sector services, commissioners and stakeholders to ensure that the service meets the strategic needs of the borough.
- To work in partnership in a multi-agency approach in meeting the needs of the young people coming through the service.
- Work in partnership with the Engagement team to deliver excellent outcomes for young people.
- Plan and manage service delivery in line with budget limitations.
- Create a safe space for young people to live in, managing incidents in line with policy and procedure.
- Work collaboratively across departments to provide an effective housing management service, including rent/arrears, void and allocation process for the service.
- Lead on safeguarding for your service, raising alerts in line with policy and legal requirements.
- To participate in the compilation of quarterly reports on team activities to internal and external parties, including performance returns, reports to Committee and Management Team, Board and Tenant Audit Panel, CORE returns, etc.
To be considered for this Scheme Manager role you will require the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience managing a supported housing service
- Ideally have experience of working with younger people, 16-25
- Good knowledge of housing management (rent arrears, voids etc)
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users, you will require an enhanced DBS for this role.
This is a full time Scheme Manager role, working 9-5 Monday to Friday, offering a salary of £30,000 to £32,00, and offers the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Health care cashback scheme
- Employee assistance programme including free counselling and legal advice
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Generous pension scheme
If this Scheme Manager role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Scheme Manager role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Scheme Manager role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region