Service Care Solutions are looking fro a Service Desk Analyst in North London. You Analyst will provide day-to-day support via the service desk, to diagnose and resolve problems and provide advice to users of our key business applications.To fulfil standard requests using documented processes and procedures or escalate to Second Line Support or Application Support using agreed processes.
1. Manage incidents and requests in line with the agreed incident management and request fulfilment processes and local procedures.
2. Provide remote assistance over the phone and advice to users through instant messenger and through the use of remote support tools such as Dameware.
3. Assist with issuing and resetting passwords using agreed procedures to maintain system security.
4. Proactively keep users informed throughout all stages of all processes by phone, email, and instant messenger.
5. Encourage and support users to use self-service systems to log, update, chase,receive updates and cancel calls.
6. Escalate calls to the First Line Manager, Second Line Support and Application
Support as required.
7. Receive alerts and monitor the availability and performance of ICT systems using tools including Solarwinds.
8. Receive, review and update documentation to assist with the resolution of incidents and the fulfilment of requests.
9. Maintain accurate records relating to incidents, requests, assets, licences, and other aspects of IT service management.
10. Provide on-site support/training to users of the systems as required.
11. Participate in team meetings, training, and other team activities.
12. Participate in local IT development groups and other meetings as requested.
13. Work with other team members, and business managers across the department to improve support to the business
14. Undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
* The service operates from 8am to 5.30pm so you will be required to work as directed within these hours according to the needs of the service.
* To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
* To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
* To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars,and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
* To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the council's commitment to customer service excellence and ensure compliance with the customer care standards.
* To be committed to the Council's core values of public service, quality, equality, and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
* To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
* To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
* At all times to carry out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council's Dignity for all Policy. (Equal Opportunities Policy)
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.