A large national charity are recruiting for a Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker to provide housing related support to their complex needs service users with a view to tenancy sustainment and independent living.
This Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role works within a temporary accommodation service in Borehamwood which provides support to service users with complex needs who have been through homelessness or rough sleeping. The accommodation consists of 24 separate flats. Support workers carry a case load of 8 individuals, working with them on underlying support needs, as well as starting to gain stability before moving on to more long-term supported accommodation.
In this Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role you will work with service users to provide housing support to develop independent living skills and retain independence.
This will include the following skills and independence:
- Provide day to day support to a caseload of residents with complex and coexisting needs
- To ensure each resident has a clear programme of support in place
- Assessing and supporting referrals & residents to recognise their support needs and goals in areas of accommodation, health & wellbeing, employment, education and training.
- Helping to identify underlying causes of challenging behaviours and other mental health needs
- To provide advocacy and mediation on behalf of the resident where appropriate
- Follow up any safeguarding related issues, ensuring they are dealt with effectively
- Promote and maintain optimum occupancy levels whilst maintaining a balanced community
- Undertake referral assessments to determine the suitability of accommodation and levels of support needs.
- Complete all appropriated documentation in relation to incoming residents, including risk assessments, occupancy agreement, benefit related applications.
- Monitor and control rent accounts working proactively to reduce arrears.
- To carry out regular room / premises checks to ensure compliance with health & safety requirements and in a good state of repair
To be considered for this Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role you will require previous experience working with complex needs service users, have excellent experience of multi-agency working and strong knowledge of homelessness and the housing benefits, and rent payments.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a full time Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role, on an initial 12 week contract, which has an excellent chance of becoming permanent beyond this. The role is on a rota basis, working on shifts (8:00-16:00 / 10:00-16:00 / 12:00-20:00) over 7 days.
If this Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Substance & Complex Needs Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region