A client within the Public Sector based in West Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join their Major Transport Schemes team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a programmes environment.
Key purpose of the role is help effectively and efficiently manage these programmes and projects, working across several service areas of the Council to deliver the council's objectives for transportation, climate change, environmental improvement, place shaping and economic growth.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Day-to-day project management of one or more of the council's major transport schemes and have the technical knowledge, behaviours, and experience to facilitate the delivery of major projects for the Council.
- Help accelerate delivery by ensuring that projects are managed effectively and consistently, including their scope, objectives/outcomes, risks/issues, cross programme dependencies and ensure that benefits and outcomes are effectively tracked and delivered.
- Be responsible for the business case development for external funding for transport projects consistent with assurance frameworks that are fit for purpose and that support timely delivery of major projects.
To be considered for this role you will require a recognised substantial technical expertise and experience in a discipline which supports the council's outcomes such as Regeneration, Housing, Transportation (evidenced through qualifications and/or equivalent experience).
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- experience managing and co-ordinating large and complex projects including budget monitoring and contract management.
- Considerable experience of commissioning projects with external and internal providers working collaboratively and in partnership
- Management skills to motivate, lead and support multi-disciplinary teams to achieve and deliver outcomes.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £25 - £28 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.