I am currently recruiting for a care assessor to work in Brent.
This role is initially for 3 months and requires candidates to an enhanced DBS.
- To carry out social care and joint health assessments.
- Devise appropriate comprehensive support plans in order to meet identified needs
- Ability to evaluate and highlight varying needs for the purpose of different types of care support options, traditional care, reablement or supported living
- Participate in care discussions and multidisciplinary assessments regarding customers
- To be creative in determining appropriate services to meet varying needs
- Ability to research both formal and informal services to meet needs
- To monitor and review packages of care
- To work in partnerships with other statutory, voluntary and private sector organisations. Contribute to the development of the Team
- To undertake actions in relation to Safeguarding Adults, as required within the locally agreed Adult Safeguarding policies
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assessing needs of vulnerable adults who have learning disabilities with complex health needs, challenging behaviour and mental health
- Provide packages of care in line with assessed need, within available resources and according to relevant social care criteria for services;
- Review and monitoring of Community Care Packages on a planned basis, as agreed.
- Maintaining good liaison links with internal and external partner organisations to ensure better outcomes for individuals.
- Respond in emergencies where packages of care are in danger of breaking down also when key worker is not available;
- Participate in care discussions and multidisciplinary assessments regarding specific clients and community care needs as required. To keep other professionals informed of developments and alert them to situations where a vulnerable adult with a learning disability is at risk of harm or where they require a more comprehensive assessment of need
Assist customers/ carers by providing basic information regarding services or assistance to complete forms, and completion of carer's assessment.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Andy at Service Care on 01772 208964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org