Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Sevenoaks, West Kent
Fixed Term 11 Months
We have had an exciting opportunity become available, to join a team based in Sevenoaks as a Neighbourhood Housing Officer. This is a full time, position with a fixed term contract of 11 months (covering maternity). The postholder will be responsible for providing a full, housing management service for a patch of 580 properties, across the Sevenoaks District. Please note that a full Enhanced DBS, as well as UK Driving Licence and vehicle are required for this role.
- Previous experience working as a Neighbourhood Officer, Housing Officer, or similar
- Knowledge of housing legislation, policies, and procedure
- Experience of providing good tenancy, housing and leasehold advice, and knowledge of best practice and compliance procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage workload efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Experience providing an effective service to members of the public
- Full Enhanced DBS Check
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
- Manage tenancies across all tenures to provide excellent tailored services that sustain tenancies and make best use of our homes.
- Tailor new customers relationships according to need, maintaining the most appropriate ongoing contact with customers to enable them to understand and fulfil the expectations of their tenancy agreement.
- Help customers to understand their responsibilities as tenants and how to sustain their tenancy.
- Build safe communities with proactive and consistent service delivery to reduce and respond to reports of anti-social behaviour, hate crime, domestic abuse, safeguarding and other tenancy breaches.
- Undertake appropriate activities to prepare cases for legal action and deliver successful outcomes on legal cases for the organisation.
- Manage environments where we have homes and identify new opportunities to improve estate and scheme conditions to create places where people want to live.
- Provide technical and professional housing/tenancy management advice.
- Effectively audit homes to identify and prevent tenancy fraud.
- Promote and signpost tenants to opportunities for training and employment to meet their aspirations and maximise their income in support of our Income Protection and Financial Well Being strategies.
- Build and maintain partnerships with internal and external customer, statutory agencies and referral-based services to support excellent local area delivery.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Beth at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org