Our client, a local authority based on the Isle of Wight are looking for a Senior Waste Manager to join their team. This is on a temporary ongoing contract basis.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Lead the Waste and Recycling Team and enabling them to fulfil the statutory obligations of a waste collection and waste disposal authority including the effective management of a number of technical contracts including the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) waste contract to deliver the councils long-term waste and recycling targets and infrastructure. Lead a team of staff to support the monitoring and administration of the waste services.
- To manage the Waste and Recycling Management team.
- To manage, as lead officer, a number of technical and service delivery contracts for the management of waste services, capital infrastructure development, closed landfill site management and act as Deputy Authority Representative for the 25 year PPP waste contract, within the agreed annual financial budget.
- To lead the management, monitoring and challenge of performance in line with the provisions set out within the contracts.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of the waste infrastructure and associated capital programme for new waste and recycling treatment and disposal facilities to ensure they are completed in keeping with the contractual obligations.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies/attributes;
A degree/HND or equivalent would be ideal but not essential.
Previous experience of Waste Management at a Senior level, ideally within a Local Authority.
The client is looking to move quickly with appointing to this position. If this position sounds of interest, please email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jack at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967.
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!