About the Company
Portsmouth City Council are committed to improving the lives of Looked After Children and Young Persons in the city of Portsmouth. They are dedicated to providing high standards of care and support to foster carers and connected carers, and are looking for a qualified and experienced Social Worker to join their Fostering Service with a rate of pay of up to £42ltd per hour.
About the Role
As a Social Worker you will be responsible for assessing and supporting connected carers and mainstream foster carers. You will work closely with the children's social work teams to secure permanence for Looked After Children, and will assess relatives and friends as potential carers for a child within their wider family/network.
The successful candidate will hold a caseload of families/friends to be assessed within required timescales, and will be expected to write high-quality, evidence-based assessments to present to fostering panel and/or court as required. They will also complete Private Fostering assessments and stepparent adoption assessments according to service need.
- Undertake assessments of connected carers and mainstream foster carers
- Manage up to 5 assessments at any given time
- Write high-quality, evidence-based assessments
- Present assessments to fostering panel and/or court as required
- Complete Private Fostering assessments and stepparent adoption assessments
- Qualified Social Worker with relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Passionate about improving the lives of Looked After Children and Young Persons
What the Company Offers
- An exciting opportunity to develop specialist knowledge within the fostering sector
- The autonomy and responsibility to make a real and positive difference
- Commitment to professional development and provision of training to staff
- A culture of restorative practice and high standards
- An increasing number of foster carers and menu of support to carer's year on year
How to Apply
If you are a qualified and experienced Social Worker with a passion for improving the lives of Looked After Children and Young Persons, this role could be for you. To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.