Are you a Speech & Language Therapist seeking a LOCUM challenge? Do you have previous experience working with Children and Younger People with Autism?
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to support our established client in the Lancashire area. The service is a specialist day school for Children and Younger People between the ages of 5-19 who have a range of Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. This is a LOCUM opportunity for the duration of 3 Months with the likelihood of extension.
The successful candidate will provide support Younger People with varied Learning Disabilities including ADHD, ASD, SEMH and SLCN as well as Developmental Trauma, Neuro-developmental Conditions and Special Educational Needs. The service received a rating of 'OUTSTANDING' in their most recent Ofsted report and is regarded by many as the first choice for speech, language and social communication in the UK.
Job Purpose: Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: £30.00 LTD p/h + £250 SCS Sign-Up Bonus
Location: Ormskirk, Lancashire
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30-16:30
The post holder will work as part of the Multidisciplinary Team to engage, encourage and inspire the Younger People to be themselves.
- Ensure the needs and views of our children and young people are at the heart of everything we do: offering evidence based, holistic and child-centred assessments and interventions across the Three Waves of Intervention and in line with the Therapeutic Focus Model.
- Use advanced specialist knowledge and levels of experience appropriately and effectively across a range of work practices which is underpinned by comprehensive and extensive theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- To undertake high quality assessments of children and young people and make recommendations about appropriate therapeutic interventions for each child or young person, in accordance with individual assessed needs
- To provide line management and clinical supervision to allocated Therapies Assistants within the setting and to support Newly Qualified Speech and Language Therapists within the setting
- To work closely with children, young people, their parents and staff to ensure a personalised plan of delivery.
- To participate in service and practice development.
- To identity training needs, develop and facilitate training sessions to staff and parents/carers.
- Registered with the HCPC
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Substantial experience working with Children & Younger People
- Four weekly payroll runs
- £250 training allowance
- Excellent pay rates
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- Specialists mental health consultants offering single point of contact
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Ltd & PAYE payment options available
- Nationwide provider of mental health staff to over 40 different NHS trusts offering mental health services and over 200 local authorities.
- FREE DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services
- FREE Occupational Health Check and Immunisations