One of the largest housing associations in the South East is recruiting for a Support Officer to join their Mental Health service in Tottenham, Haringey, to provide care and support to patients through their admission and working to support a smooth discharge. Continuing that support for 6 weeks once the patient returns home..
The focus of this Support Officer is to provide care and support to patients through their admission and working to support a smooth discharge. Continuing that support for 6 weeks once the patient returns home. This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, risk assessments and needs reviews.
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for our customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
- Assist the Specialist Support Officer in 1-1 and group therapeutic sessions
- Comply with all relevant policies & procedures, including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care, Equality & Diversity, the Code of Conduct etc.
- Carry out assessment to identify and prioritise needs
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Provide a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department's policies, procedures and approach.
- Ensure customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service, and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation
To be considered for this Support Officer role you will require previous experience working within a mental health setting, as well as the below requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of providing support to others in a work, voluntary or personal capacity
- A practical solution focussed approach to problem solving
- A good understanding of Mental health, Alcohol and Substance abuse
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users, you will require an enhanced DBS for this role..
This is a permanent, full time Support Officer role, working 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis between 08:00-16:00 & 13:00-21:00. You will be required to work every other weekend. The salary on offer for the role is £22,749
If this Support Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Support Officer role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Support Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region