I am currently recruiting for a support worker to work in central London.
This role is initially for three months and applying candidates must have an enhanced DBS to be considered for the role.
Pay rate is £16.60 ltd per hour (umbrella co rate)
To provide best value support to people with learning disabilities, their families, health partners and other key stakeholders on behalf of Westminster City Council. To effectively use all available resources to deliver person centred services to meet the specified requirements of individuals.
Key duties and responsibilities of current role
Deliver a support service in Community Access Westminster to agreed standards to maximise service quality and continuity. Maintain systems, processes and procedures and contribute to their regular monitoring and review in own area of specialism to facilitate service improvement.
People and partnerships Guide more junior staff, sharing knowledge and expertise within the team to facilitate individual development and ensure routines are observed.
Liaise with internal and external colleagues, to provide a support service, managing and prioritising own workload to meet deadlines, to maximise service quality and continuity. Resources / Financial management Maintain financial, stock and other records and review data to contribute to resource planning. Follow established ordering procedures to ensure adequate resources are available to meet work requirements. Values and behaviours Positively demonstrate the council's values and behaviours in your role to support the achievement of the corporate vision. Compliance Understand and comply with relevant legal, regulatory, policy and procedural requirements and standards and escalate/report concerns to management as appropriate. Equality and diversity Familiarise, uphold and promote the aims of the council's equality and diversity policies in the course of day-to-day work.
* To act as a key worker and ensure that the Customer remains central to all decisions made about his/her life
* To support Customers in activities and employment opportunities that maximise choice and participation and if required, work flexible hours to provide the support identified
* Contribute to person-centred planning, ensuring that users participate as fully as possible using their preferred method of communication * Liaise with relevant people in a Customer's circle
* To undertake necessary administrative tasks, including completion of Session Evaluations, Communication Plans and Risk Assessments and contributing to problem solving when required * Use confidentiality guidelines when handling service users' information, both within the team and with other agencies. * Promote individuals' equality, diversity and rights
* To provide support in all areas of intimate and/or personal care including manual handling toileting, bathing, dressing, eating, drinking and administration of medication as required * To Support Customers with physical disabilities, including those in wheelchairs to access the Community through provision of required physical support
* To contribute to team planning and service development and ensure that support for users is person centred around choice and control
* To be accountable for the health and safety of individuals and groups, in the building and outside and report to the manager anything that may affect the Health and Safety of any Customer, member of staff, or public
If you are interested in this role, please contact Andy at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org