To be a part of a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care, and development of the young residents and the establishment. Fully funded Level 3, 4 and 5 Diplomas, staff meals on shift, company events and staff discounts and £60 per sleep in bonus.
- We are looking for Children's Residential Support Workers to join our newly established home in Colwyn Bay.
- Our Home in Colwyn Bay is a five bedded Children's Home for children with moderate learning difficulties, shift patterns are 24 hour shifts inclusive of Sleep-in duties.
- We provide a caring, stable and nurturing home, in an informal atmosphere, catering for the needs of children and young people from 8 to 16 years of age on admittance. In consultation with local authorities, we provide medium to long-term residential care.
- It is our aim to create an atmosphere within which the individual can feel safe to express themselves, find adults they feel able to approach and those that will accept them unreservedly as individuals.
- As part of a wider strategy, active attempts are made to rescue the better aspect of the individual's behaviour, to restart the natural process of growth and development, and equip them with the necessary skills to go on to be productive members of society.
What is required?
- Car driver with own vehicle is essential.
- Ideally you will have experience of similar settings and have achieved your NVQ Level 3 or willing to work towards the relevant qualification in Health and Social care in Children and Young Adults.
- However, if you have transferable experience please do apply as we provide full on-boarding and training courses.
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.