Job title - Community Safety Officer
Location - Lytham Saint Annes FY8
Contract - 6 Week cover
Hours - Full time 37 hours per week
Start Date - Asap
The Role Summary
You will be providing an excellent community safety service, managing and resolving a range of cases of antisocial behaviour, working as one team. Pro-actively reducing anti-social behaviour to improve neighbourhoods, sustain tenancies and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and engagement.
Your key duties within the role will include:
- Investigate complaints of anti-social behaviour including interviewing, observing and recording information on the relevant systems
- Gather evidence from complainants and prepare witness statements.
- Assess witness statements and progress to legal action as and when deemed appropriate, and in line with procedures.
- Ensure that value for money is achieved when entering a case into court by including all other breaches of tenancy.
- Open a case file for each case of anti-social behaviour and ensure the case is updated in line with performance targets.
- Produce and retain a Health & Safety Risk Assessment for each case undertaken.
- Produce and adhere to an action plan for each case undertaken.
- Actively participate in Community Safety Partnership Working
- Represent the organisation at case conferences when required.
- Undertake conciliation in cases where this is appropriate, referring cases to specialist mediation where appropriate.
- Undertake the referral of clients to appropriate support agencies to assist in the support of the victim(s) and the perpetrator(s) when appropriate.
- Enforce tenancy conditions in cases other than anti-social behaviour where action by colleagues has been unsuccessful.
- Preparation of court papers for all legal action.
- Represent the organisation in the County Court for legal proceedings when a right of audience has been granted.
- Has proven experience in a housing related field
- Experience of writing clear, comprehensive reports
- Thorough understanding of current housing issues
- Has a comprehensive understanding of issues relating to anti-social behaviour and the effects upon individuals and communities
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the law and other options to deal with anti-social behaviour
- Commitment to deal effectively with perpetrators of anti-social behaviour
- Commitment to providing a quality, performance focussed housing management service
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com